Production Team Leader
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Title: Production Team Leader I
Reports To: CI/Shift or Materials Manager (depending on location)
Overall Focus: Utilizing team members to successfully implement Operations Execution Model.
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: 14
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures a safe work environment for team by demonstrating and enforcing safe behavior.
· Successfully implement Operations Execution Model.
§ Drives operations results to deliver World Class Customer Service.
§ Is a constant leadership presence on the plant floor.
§ Effectively communicates expectations, provides timely feedback to performance to those expectations, and takes timely and appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
§ Promotes engagement and maximum effort through demonstrated behaviors and positive recognition.
§ Actively demonstrates respect for all people, product, processes, equipment, and customers.
· Ensures Food Safety & Quality program is adhered to.
§ All Staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
§ Provide tools and environment to ensure food safety.
· Meet all quality measures on product being produced.
§ Sense of Urgency to escalate Quality or Food Safety issues.
§ Provide tools and environment to ensure quality yields are being met.
· Build and execute effective daily plans to achieve finished goods schedule.
§ Participate in pre-shift meetings, leading assigned portion. Implement mid shift corrections.
§ Make cost-conscious business decisions in alignment with all key accountabilities
§ Understand, prioritize and eliminate losses.
§ Communicate effectively with necessary resources offsite.
· Creates a positive work environment for team.
o Build and leverage team to achieve goals.
o Provide feedback to assigned team members on daily basis
o Hold mid-year and year-end performance discussion with assigned team members
o With team, develop and implement state of the team improvement plan
o Develop team members to successfully perform current and future roles
· Assumes responsibility for own personal development and continuous learning.
· Keeps abreast on new technology, methods and regulations related to responsibilities
· Practices customer intimacy with internal and external customers in day to day responsibilities
· Lives by the Ainsworth values
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: BA/BS Degree or Relevant Experience
Experience: Demonstrated advancement in Food Manufacturing Industry.
(Abilities required of all positions)
o Ability to identify key issues and relationships based on information being communicated by a variety of resources
o Making decisions based on logical assumptions combined with factual information while keeping the organizational values and goals in mind
o An understanding of the love for pets and the importance of the pet/pet parent relationship
o Enduring energy and engagement in the Ainsworth Pet Nutrition culture
o Be a brand and company evangelist
o Working and communicating appropriately and effectively across roles and departments
o Understanding and working towards the long term goals of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition as a unified force
· Customer Intimate
o Understanding and exceeding the customer's needs and expectations, both externally and internally
o Ability to use, understand, and learn from unreserved, honest conversations with other individuals, while still respecting all those involved in the dialogue
o Open, forthright communication that stimulates debate and new ideas amongst a group, as well as with yourself
o Does what they say they are going to do
o Instills trust through actions and behaviors
· Change Agent
o Can adjust to a new environment quickly
o Accepts change as a way of life and works proactively to adapt
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
· Proficient of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of problem solving and process improvement tools, methods and LEAN.
- Sense of urgency to escalate issues when needed.
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to lead team to execute daily plans and achieve results.
- Ability to coach team members.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
· Climb ladders and bins
· Maneuver in tight spaces
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs. repetitively
· Differentiate between colors
· Work in extreme temperature conditions (hot or cold)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time