Packaging Tech I
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Title: Packaging Utility
Reports To: Packaging Team Leader
Indirect Report: Production Manager
Substitution: Packaging Utility
Overall Focus: Package pet food product
FLSA Designation: Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: 10
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Fill, seal and palletize pet food product in labeled paper bag containers.
· Operate packaging equipment according to processing instructions.
· Perform set up, flushing, palletizing, cleaning, and maintenance of packaging equipment and production area as required between change over in pet food products.
· Verify dates and seals on filled bags.
· Assist operator in staging bags for fill.
· Remove finished product and stack on pallets
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
· Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
· Report any food safety, quality or safety related issues to management immediately.
· Other duties as required, in order to meet business needs.
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: High School Diploma/GED – Highly preferred
2 years manufacturing experience / preferred.
Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment.
(Abilities required of all positions)
o Ability to identify key issues and relationships based on information being communicated by a variety of resources
o Making decisions based on logical assumptions combined with factual information while keeping the organizational values and goals in mind
o An understanding of the love for pets and the importance of the pet/pet parent relationship
o Enduring energy and engagement in the Ainsworth Pet Nutrition culture
o Be a brand and company evangelist
o Working and communicating appropriately and effectively across roles and departments
o Understanding and working towards the long-term goals of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition as a unified force
· Customer Intimate
o Understanding and exceeding the customer's needs and expectations, both externally and internally
o Ability to use, understand, and learn from unreserved, honest conversations with other individuals, while still respecting all those involved in the dialogue
o Open, forthright communication that stimulates debate and new ideas amongst a group, as well as with yourself
o Does what they say they are going to do
o Instills trust through actions and behaviors
· Change Agent
o Can adjust to a new environment quickly
o Accepts change as a way of life and works proactively to adapt
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
· Basic Mathematical skills and attention to detail – Required
· Ability to speak, read and write effectively in English – Required
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
· Push / Pull up to 100 pounds on a routine basis.
· Be able to climb and work in extreme heat or cold and on scaffolding at very high elevations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.